1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 Dodge W250 Cummins- any functional advantage of using conventional or unimount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by W250CTD, Nov 10, 2008.

1. W250CTD

W250CTD Junior Member

I'm thinking of putting a plow on my 93 W250, is there any advantage of using a unimount over a conventional mount besides being able to remove it all easily? I've read also that conventional mounts are illegal on anything 94+, is this true? It almost seems to me that the conventional would be better because it doesn't seem like the stuff hangs off the truck as far, having less of a lever effect on the additional weight of the plow on the suspension. Also, are all conventional mounts the same from 72-93 W150-350 and ramcharger, or are there regular and HD mounts, etc? Thanks
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Unimount may be easily removeable, but the hookup isn't any easier than a conventional mount.