1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mwhodder89, Nov 9, 2013.

1. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

Finally, after two winters of lugging around a snow blower for driveways, bought a new to me plow truck.

Its a 93 chev k1500, regular cab shorty with the 5.7. Hopefully lots of power to push around any snow we get. Bought the truck from a guy who purchased it 2 years ago down in Texas and brought it back to make into a plow truck but never did. Frame is in awesome shape compared to everything around here(the city loves the salt). The guy put in a new engine and transmission, and rebuilt the entire front end (prepping to add a plow). So besides lots of work being done to the truck itself, I got a brand new, never installed fisher ht series plow on the pallet in the back of the truck. After an relatively easy plow installation, back rack and lights installed, its all set to go plowing and test it out. Hopefully it will work well and it will sure beat getting cold and soaked pushing around a snow blower lol

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks good, its extremely clean for a 20 year old truck. Should make a great driveway rig. Good luck with it. Post pics of the plow.

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

looks nice clean truck. i'd lose the ricer taillights and get a stock set.

4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

clean truck! have the same truck but a 96 1500 with the little 5.0L and it pushes snow great. you should have no trouble.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome truck man best of luck with it!

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck, it looks like it's in mint condition. I would have went with a 7.5' Fisher HD instead of the HT. Those older GM trucks can handle a heavier plow.

7. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

Thanks fellas, I'm pretty excited about it. Ill post some pictures of the plow and mounted on the truck soon. It keeps saying upload fail every time I try.

As for the HT vs HD, if I was buying new I would have went with the 7.5 HD. However, I got the truck and plow for 6000, and the HT series plow here sells for 5400 taxes in, without installation. Most people around here use half tons for residential plowing. So if I find it isn't enough plow, I will have a much easier time selling that compared to a HD, which some half tons won't take.

8. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

Here's a couple pictures, just had to resize them. The first is when I bought the truck and the brand new plow still in the pallet wrap in my other truck

new plow.jpg

plow 2.jpg

plow 3.jpg

plow 4.jpg

9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If that truck has the 3600 lb front axle, keep the HT. I have a 7'6'' HD on my Tahoe with the 3600 front and it is nosediving bad.

10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks great. That's a steal with the new plow and all the work already done to the truck. Should serve you well.

11. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

The truck actually has the 3925 lb front axle and after talking to the fisher dealer, he said it could take up to an 8.5 hd. I figured that would be a bit of a stretch.

Ya, once i seen the truck with the plow, and the condition it was in, I couldn't pass on it for that price

12. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Wow, somebody must have done a ton of work to that truck.

13. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

It was definetly babied, i never seen a truck with this much undercoating. He pulled the lights out and sprayed the whole inside of the box, inside the door panels, everywhere. It even has the rubberized rocker guard along the bottom. For a 20 year old truck, the interior is even in good shape, with the power windows and locks all still working