1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 Chevy Front End

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by daveb86, Sep 28, 2010.

1. daveb86

daveb86 Junior Member

Hello All,
    New to the forum..I have a 93 Chevy 1500 Z71 and a Boss 7'6" Super Duty. What are my options for "beefing" up the front end to handle this plow? Do they make and air spring kinda deal for the front of my truck? If not what else can I do?
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Timbren springs and turn up the torsion bars you should be fine
  3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

i agree with DJ. Timbrens are amazing, they basically give you a stock ride unloaded, then once the plow is attached, they take the extra load. search in the forums, been tons of talk about timbrens, some pretty good before and after pics too. As for beefing up the front end, a half ton front end is exactly that, pretty hard to get to be anything else. keep it greased, check it for worn parts and replace worn parts immediatly. Replace all parts when time with lifetime warranty, big difference from the cheap stuff. When i'm plowing with my half ton, i only put the plow on when needed. I take it off when i'm done,