1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93' 01' or 05'?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kah68, Aug 15, 2012.

1. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I have one 93' 2500 CTD, an 01' 3500 FB Dually CTD, and an 05' C&C CTD Dually. Both duallys are standard trans. I am going to sell off one of the trucks (93 or 01) and keep the other as my plow truck until the my new 13' C&C dually arrives. I like the 05 best for driving so I was thinking about buying the boss mount and controls et al and running my 8'2" with wings. Currently running an Arctic on the 01' and the Boss on the 93. Which would you keep the 93 or the 01?

Thanks

2. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

I have 5 Dodges, plow with them all. If it was me I would keep the 01 and put the Boss plow on it. Mounts are diff body style, but can be mounted very easily !!!!!

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'd keep the '93. More simplistic to work on. Mechanical everything just about. It's a rare truck (here anyway). They bring top dollar here.

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

get rid of the 93 theyre junk you dont want them sell it to me

5. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Sell the one with the most rust...

6. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Ok I'm going to sell the 93' its my favorite plow truck but the 01' is more suited to our main business and thats the only reason I am picking it over the 93' I sure will miss it.

Thanks

Kirk

7. SnowPusherVT

SnowPusherVT Junior Member

Gotta love the Cummins!!) I loved my 90 and my 91.5 and the 01 the ex wife took and especially my new 01. I always said the 91.5 would be the newest style i got be cause of all the problems with the 24v's but I've had 2 now and done the VP44 on both and changed the lift pumps, winning deal vp44 rebuilt with a raptor 150 lift pump and a fuel pressure guage,

8. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

93.jpg Well I discovered my worst fear with the 93' on the first plow of the season....Rust! The rocker is rotten on the drivers side and I can feel the floor flexing under my feet. My question is, are there ways of replacing the floor or is it too much work? I love plowing with this truck and it burns almost no fuel.

93.jpg