1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2XT V or 9'2 regular V and flap

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 353628, Dec 2, 2009.

1. 353628

353628 Junior Member

I'm buying a new boss plow - presenty l have sandard 8'2" with snow flap. Mostely used for Plowing parking lots at my store. My next will be definatly be a 9'2 V but debaiting on the XT 9'2 or the regular 9'2 with snow flap.

Question - is the XT worth the extra $$ for what I would be using it for and I I go with the XT do I still need the snow flap?

Picking it up tommorow afternoon so it's time I decide what model XT? or Standard V
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I would get the V-XT..I bet that the regular V's will be phased out soon.......I would still get a snow flap......Don't buy the BOSS one, get a kit off ebay, much cheaper and the exact same thing.
  3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

XT with flap all the way.
  4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The regular V are being phased out, we tried to order more from Boss and they are not gonna make em next year.
  5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WHAT?! That is a major mistake by "the BOSS". Why would you phase out your best selling plow?
  6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

snow flap is a must! As for your need a standard V would probably work just fine. Even if they phase them out parts should still be available for years and years to come. BOSS knows there are still a ton of old style ones out there. hect just think of all the old RT2 style V's you see on here and around.
  7. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

So what did you end up getting?
  8. 353628

353628 Junior Member

Thanks for the guidence, certainly made my decison easier. I ended up with the XT 9'2 and a flap, got that at home waiting for the truck. Deciding on the plow was much easier than the new truck. I never had a question that my next plow would be a Boss. It took me Two months to decide on a new truck, couldn't decide on a ford or chevy - being a GM guy for 30 years it was hard to think about a Ford, but after a lot of procrastination and reading reply's to my posts on the truck forum along with other posts I ended up with the Ford. Just couln't get past the fact the plow manufactures don't recommend as well as GM doesn't recomend / allow putting this plow on a crew cab diesel. Hard to spend 60G on a truck and have possible warranty issues,even though a lot of guys do that, It wasn't for me. Thus I went with an new ford F250 crew cab super duty diesel. Now if the truck would just get here - It's on a transport from coming from the chicago region. Appreicate the posts.
  9. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

We need some pics
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, I would be surprised if they did that. I really like our normal V's and I don't see the need for a VXT other then the cool factor. Every lb I save off my front end is a good thing.
  11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Local dealer here couldn't get in more regular V's. Order 8'2" Poly from Jim at ESI and it was here in 2 days great packaging...didn't look to see if hoodie was there??? Still on skidded up! Thanks Jim.