1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

922 starting at -37c after 8 weeks of sitting

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Dec 15, 2008.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

when i got the call 8 weeks ago that my dad SIR HENRY had some heart troubles. i just left the KINGDOM with nothing ready for winter. the poor 922 loader was left out side because some junk ended up in his winter shed. i removed the batteries and let them warm up for 2 days in the heated shop. then this morning i went out and tarped in the engine and placed a 30 000 btu pan heater under the engine. 2 hours later i had the batteries in and the machine up and running. i have done this enough times over the 15 years of ownership that i make it look easy, LOL
    now the loader is parked in his shed after all the snow was plowed in the KINGDOM.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1020452.JPG

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

rusty but trusty

:salute:

3. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

I owned a 922b for about 5 years...really did a nice job on snow....was a bear to start if it was real cold though....if temp dropped below zero you had to keep it inside or no chance to start it. Heard some of them had small pony starter motors...mine didn't :mad:

finally caved in and bought a new machine...but still got decent money for that Cat 5 years later.

kinda miss the old girl....

Dave