1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" xt

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by payton, Dec 17, 2007.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

im not sure i noticed much difference in my 9'2"xt compared to my older 8'2"v i know it would carry more snow then my truck wanted to push. but over all im not sure if i didnt waste the extra cash for the xt over a reg. v.. no issues with it just not sure it was as great as claims has made it out to be. its a nice blade tho.. so over all im happy with it..

so theres a nother happy boss customer..
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Would you still recommend a 9.2 over an 8.2 ??
  3. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah i like the 9'2" but it wasnt really an option for an 8'2" my new truck is a dually. so i needed the extra foot.. i think i would have still went with the 9'2" with a srw truck..
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Payton, what exactly where you looking for as far as a difference between a regular V and the XT? The only difference of course is the taller flared wings, so the only difference it's going to make is in deep drifts (to a point) or throwing the snow a bit farther (but not without a snow deflector). Just curious on your thoughts...:)
  5. payton

payton Senior Member

i run a snow deflector. and i honestly cant say that i see it throwing snow that much farther then my old 8'2"v did.. but maybe thats becuase i would run my old chevy a lil harder then my new dodge. plus ive only used the 9'2" once so i may realize it does a better job in the long run but first impression was theres no real great secert about the blade.. shoulda saved a few bills and went normal v.