1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2 Vee Too Big on 3/4 ton Duramax?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DieselDan172, Jan 12, 2009.

1. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

I'm in the market for a plow, I plan on picking up some Residentals & Commerical accounts in the next year or so. I was thinking 8'2 but the 9'2 isn't much heavier. I plan on adding a set of Timbrens at some point.

Would I be pushing the limits of my truck with a 9'2 Vee?

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Well, you will definately be overloaded according to the factory front axle weight specs according to Chevy. Remember, Timbrens don't actually increase your load carrying capacity, they just assist in reducing squatting.

3. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

8'2 or 9'2 i'll be over my limit either way. Is the extra 50 lbs. a big difference?
    I forget to metion above, the truck is an 06 ext.cab short bed w/ Snow plow prep Package.

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Well in that case go with the bigger one! You will probably need the Timbrens as you said, as well as crank up your t-bars, and add ballast in the back.

5. coral

coral Senior Member

i went with the 7'6 on my 03 3/4 duramax, added the boss wings for an extra grand, worth every cent, have a 9'2 on my 03 3/4 gas, i like the 7'6 with the wings better, hope to get another set of wings for the 9'2

6. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

i have a couple with 9.2s no problems crank up the tbars and call it good.heres a pic of my 03 dmax 2500hd

plow 010.jpg

plow 010.jpg

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would throw a leveling kit on as well. My '05 Duramax would squat big time if I tried putting my 9'2 V XT on there. And I have Timbrens. JMO:rolleyes:

8. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Try an 8'2" v-plow with Boss Wings...You will love how much snow you can control

9. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

That would not only add MORE weight than going with the 9.2, it would also add more cost than going with the 9.2.:confused:

10. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

go for it. The 51lbs more shouldnt make a difference and the extra foot def will. I have a 9.2 that I've been running on my 3/4 ton gmc and it works really nice. always thought an 8.2 would be the way to go but I love what I've been using. I cranked my T bars and havnt had any real problems. but I am thinking of adding wings to it like my straight blade, they are sweet but would prolly only do that when its on the F-550

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

an 8'2" is way to small for that truck. Get the 9'2".

12. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    So far no real negativity for the 9'2.

13. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Way to big for the chevy front end. You be dragginKnuckles

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Stop being a troll on every thread! I've had a 9'2 Boss on my 98 since new my 02 and 07.5Only my 07.5 has Timbrens. The truck will handle the plow very well without a doubt, don't even think twice about it.:drinkup:

15. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

me too....no issues.

16. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

17. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

But all you do with it is get coffee;)

19. JD Dave