1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" vblade screams!!!!!!!!! help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Plow man Foster, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

The i ws wondering if anyone knows whats wrong w/ our plow. It screams mostly when being raised...just started doing it.....anyone knnow what the problem could be? I hear it could be the problem??? Bad motor?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Check the fluid.

3. Plow man Foster

Forgot to mension fluid is up to the elbow!
    Thanks for the suggestion though

4. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Have you checked the screen(filter) ? It may not be getting the oil to the pump.Just a thought. I had a western that would do that when the screen got dirty.

5. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Where are you located at Plowman in MI.?

6. Plow man Foster

Located in south lyon/ farmington area

7. timberjack

timberjack Member

Mine was sounding the same. New motor made it like new, and probably better. The original one had only 3 of the 4 brushes contacting the armature, the fourth seemed to be stuck in the holder, and wouldn't float. I'm going to try to find a new brush set, and if i can make it work, will keep it for a spare.

See my posts in this thread. B&B explained what the screeching is likely from.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=132179

8. Plow man Foster

Thanks guys! We went to change the fluid and it was like black! I couldnt believe it! This plows fluid was changed during the middle of last season. So we didnt change this plows fluid at the start or the season! Im glad the problem wasnt bigger!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It turned black for a reason. Better find out why soon or you're problems aren't over. ;)

10. Plow man Foster

Well it wasnt black but it was pretty dirty/ dark! works like new after some new boss fluid!

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And it only gets that way in such a short time because of one reason, thus my comment.

12. Plow man Foster

Yeah its still screaming so we have decided to ride it out til spring. This plow has been on like 5 diff. Trucks.......plows rough Hoa streets and commercial. So we plan to fix it up in the spring and use it for a backup. If it breaks before that we'll go put a 9'2boss vxt on it.

Hey b&b are the 9'2 & 10' vxt's under "cages" a regular rt3? Or are they bigger?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First time I've seen an undercarriage refereed to as an under cage. Funny.

10' uses it's own mount series. A 9.2 uses the same mount everything else does, ie everything from a 7.6" Standard Duty all the way to a 9.2" VXT. In other words, they're all the same except for 10 footers and Sport Duty's.

14. Plow man Foster

hahah! My buddy calls them Under cages! I also was typing on my IPAD and didnt feel like typing out undercarriage.

But yeah i figured those mounts were like that but wasnt positive, THANKS!
    So glad boss stopped making those RT2 mounts those are the WORSE to get on.