1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2 v plow wiring issues

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rb69, Nov 12, 2014.

1. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

Recently wired up a 2015 Chevy 2500 using my harness off my old 2013 Chevy 2500. I bought the new headlight adapter also.
    The issue I have is when the parking lights are on it won't go down or retract the wings, but when off acts ok.
    With the signal wires hooked up and the drivers signal flashing the pump motor runs off and on.
    We have had the plow on another truck and works fine on it.

Any ideas???
    Thanks

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a ground problem. Retrace your installation and verify you have wired it correctly for the 2015.

3. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

An update. Checked my switched 12v and moved it to another spot, same results. So now I left the switched 12v wire unhooked, turned my headlights on manually on the truck with ignition off and the controller lights up and you cannot turn it off. Soon as you turn the lights off controller turns off. Any ideas how that can happen?