1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" V lights wont work

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Smokin139, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Smokin139

Smokin139 Junior Member

Just finished wireing up and installing my 9'2" Power V from Boss. had it all hooked up right, had the plow working, then flipped the switch to plow lights, and had both, highbeam and lowbeam. i didnt care much and was gonna run with it till we heard from boss. But then i flipped the switch to truck, and had no headlights, only running lights and fogs. flipped the switch back to plow, same thing. no idea... so we just unhooked the wires connecting the truck lights to the plow lights, and just running the truck lights. Any idea as to why? the same thing happened to my dads truck and plow. same truck and same plow. idk?
    Thanks in advance to anyone with any information on this or a fix.
    oh and my truck is a 2006 gmc duramax and my dads is a 2007 classic duramax

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure you connected both of the headlight adapters correctly? They have an "A' and a "B" side and will connect to the truck harness either way, but only one way is correct. They should be connected with the locking tab on the "A" side.

3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

double check connections maybe relay Use dielectric on everything

4. Smokin139

Smokin139 Junior Member

Oh yeah, all the connections were right, we double checked them, then un hooked it so i could just use truck lights but still have turn signals on the plow

5. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

Try changing the relay for the lights. Had the same issue. That was the problem.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Generally I'd think the same thing, but to have two identical trucks and plows do the exact same thing seems kinda odd...but I guess anything is possible..

Smokin, where did you tap your blk/red power wire into on the truck?

What configuration is your 'vehicle option connector' in (the one in the harness)?...color wise?

7. Smokin139

Smokin139 Junior Member

Im not sure exactly where we tapped in for power, but i think if i know what you mean, we just went straight to the battery. Im not sure though, ill check tomorrow.

JrgLandscape, which part are you referring to as the relay, im not looking at the truck right now so i cant think of it. Thanks for the suggestions

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you thinking of the red and brown wires under the hood? Yes they get connected directly to the battery... the one I'm asking about is the black/red wire inside the truck. Do you remember what exactly you connected it to in the truck?

9. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

The relays are the little square about 1" x 1" like fuses under the hood. If it's a vee I believe there are 4 of them.

10. Smokin139

Smokin139 Junior Member

Oh yeah yeah, they go bad, even being brand new?

11. Smokin139

Smokin139 Junior Member

Oh ok, i remember having to split the bundle of wires for it. The red/black wire is hooked up to a fuse, with its own fuse. But does that have anything to do with the lights?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, it can depending on what you connected it to... it will back feed through the red/black wire and cause ONE of the relays to stick after their energized and then tripped back... doesn't happen often but I've seen it a couple of times.

Check and see what you connected it too before we diagnose any farther..