1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2 V deflector

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by musclecarboy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys,

I have the 2 V plows listed below (just picked up the 02 with the boss) and the Western has the deflector and the center 1/2 circle part but the BOSS doesn't have any deflector. Any suggestions if I need one at all?
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I've been deflector delete for 12 years now with my Boss 9-2 er.It certainly would be nice at times but you can live without it.Now if you're pushing 12''+ of silky fluffy snow most of the time,then I'd definitely install one.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Boss has a deflector kit for their plows. It comes in a 10 foot roll with all the hard wear, and the center rubber piece to go between the 2 wings. Can find pics online on here or google it. They are pretty easy make. Typically the deflector kit from boss is around 200 bucks. I know you can get rubber belting from different places and make your own too. But personally I want mine to say the boss on it.
  4. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I have the deflector on mine and it helps for sure, but with the cold smoke we're pushing around out here in CO, a lot of the time, it's still not enough and I'm not sure anything really would be - when it's -10 and windy, that **** goes everywhere!
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

make your own....very easy and cheap to do
    do a search as several of us have posted pictures of the ones we made
  6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Flap on mine that came with the plow but its starting to come off........
    I saw this fisher plow at the MGIA show yesterday and Instead of a rubber flap they had a steel plate welded in the middle..... Nice set up!
    I STILL HATE FISHER PLOWS but i might steal that idea!
    Couldnt find a GREAT pic of it but you can kinda see it in this pic.

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i used mud flaps off a semi i had laying around. cut them to my own lenght and bolted themon with some steal strips!
  8. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Fisher/Western are made by the same company and my westerv V on the '04 has that metal part and the rubber deflector. I think i'll fab something up for next year.
  9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Send me a Sample Once you make it! I'll Tell you How it works! Thumbs Up

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just a little tip. when you guys are mounting your flaps, round the ends of the flat stock at the ends. This will keep the flat stock from digging into the flap when you go into a snow bank and the flap goes up. I had this issue before and it help. My flap tore about mid season and by the end of the season it was ripped about 4 inches on 1 side and 2 or so on the on the other. Both in the middle. Boss did warrenty it too. Which was nice.