1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 Toyota w/8ft Meyer Blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PAGE2004, Jan 3, 2009.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

After 25+ years plowing with all kinds of vehicles ... I am AMAZED at the performance of this Toyota.

The original 7ft Meyer blade did not pivot enough ( side pistons were too short ) and kept leaving snowtrails .

Added 6 inches to each side , new cutting edge and this thing works very well.

Toyota = low maintenance and high productivity

92w8ftMeyers2.jpg

92w8ftMeyers1.jpg

2. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

I had a 84 with a meyer on it it was awesome perfect little snow truck

3. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

mine was only 6.5' from a jeep 8 foot now thats cool!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

nice driveway rig! Can you get some closer pics of your side extensions?

5. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

More Pics

I used 16G sheet metal ( Home Depot ) some nuts n bolts and welded some new ribbing for support. The biggest change was the weight of the new cutting edge but the truck seems to handle it no problem. Even at 65 PMH on the highway , engine temp is cool and seems just fine.

92w8ftMeyers3.jpg

92w8ftMeyers4.jpg

92w8ftMeyers5.jpg

92w8ftMeyers6.jpg

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

looks awesome. its strange seeing such a small truck with that big a blade on it. good luck with it

7. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

that little of a truck . the tranny will go out in no time soon

8. vincent

vincent Senior Member

My first truck was a toyota, 83 4wd. Used it on the farm, hauling, pulling, all sorts of things. Every fall I pulled "loaded" anhirous amonia, usually weighed around 3k pounds. Did this for probably 8 yrs. Tranny never did fold or the engine overheated, nothing.

These trucks IMO are the best built trucks out there and I own gm products.

I like your rig and you will do well with it.

9. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i dont know what toyota did to those trucks but they are unstoppable. ive had 2 of them, both i bought with well over 200k and beat them to death. they never missed a beat. i think youll be fine wit that thing, engine, trans and drivetrain will not have a problem. only thing you want want to do is upgrade the front suspension anyway you can, sure that thing has some nasty sag.

10. the_experience

the_experience Member

The cure to the front suspension on the 2nd and 3rd gen Toyotas is to swap in a solid axle from a 79-85 truck. By removing the overload leaf and adding 3 leafs from a donor pack to the stock rear pack you end up with a strong and very flexible front suspension while 63 inch rear springs from a half ton Chevy in the rear level things out and give you a lot of flex in the rear to match the front.

I have a real soft spot for the 3rd Gen trucks. I think they are some of the best looking, best built trucks Toyota ever produced...and mine was even built in the US. Great looking truck.

[​IMG]

11. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

I agree they are incredible trucks, except for the part where they are made out of compressed rust.

12. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

Could you tell me what you paid for the 92?

13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Fine choice there, I've been thinking of upgrading our moldboards to a 7'6" LD blade and then running wings on top of that. Currently our trucks push 8'6" blades with the wings. We run 6'8" blades out to 8'6" with wings and they handle everything fine. Sure, you can't stack a mountain with them, but they will keep a lot open or handle virtually any driveway. Keep it in low gear and its fine, we run both 4cyl and v6 with 5speeds. We run 2 of them, about to be 3.

Great choice on the truck!

15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Suprised nobody noticed...

that is not a Meyer blade and pump.

Its a FISHER...

Did I say Fisher....that's what I meant.

Crazy how someone could own this plow and not even know what the hell it is.

And dude...you've had a bad run....plowing for 25 years and ending up in a ride like that...:cry:

16. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

no trip edge on that plow, looks like a meyers blade to me on a fisher frame.

17. MileHigh

You guys don't know your blades...

I Can tell you that is NOT a MEYER blade

This is what a Meyer steel blades look like.

Gollie.....

DSCN3127.jpg

DSCN3128.jpg

18. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

those things go forever... as long as they have not rusted to pieces

19. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Maybe nobody really cares....or most people aren't here to proof read and point out other peoples errors?

20. MileHigh

us plowers care...

it's like going to a mechanic shop and saying work on my chevy....when there's is a blue oval stamped on the grill.

If you don't pay attention to errors...you become a handfull of problems.