1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 silverado heater problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Hammertacker, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Hammertacker

Hammertacker Junior Member

When i turn the control to defrost, you can hear the shift but no air or very little comes from the defrost vents. The blower is working fine and when the control is set to floor or bi-level there is all kinds of airflow. Do i try to take apart the dash or could this be a vacume issue.These are electronic controls, but the relays seem to be working. If i need to flop the dash out to find the problem, can anone tell me the procedure.

Thanks in advance,
    Hammer

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

No you don't have to take the dash apart just look under the dash at the driver side of the heater outlet you'll find a lever came off that controls the airflow to the defroster i believe it's a white lever anyway good luck.

3. Hammertacker

Thanks DJ, I'll see if that is the case.

4. Hammertacker

Thanks DJ

You were right, top lever was unhooked tymusic

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah i had to reattach mine a couple of times over the years, it's an easy fix.