1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 Ranger

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by hemi09, Feb 29, 2008.

1. hemi09

hemi09 Junior Member

hello. I am young and looking for a plow. My grandparent own a house with a half mile gravel drive way the drifts badly every year. They also own about 6 rental house. What i want to know is should i put a plow on my 92 ranger which is a 5 speed or my 03 dodge with is an automatic. I know that i can put in alot of clutchs for the price of one tranny for my dodge. Which one do you guys think is best? And buy used? Price? New? What kind. I would prefer all hydralics
  2. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

what do you have for a dodge? what motor in the ranger and dodge? plowing in a standerd may be tricky. i would say go for a fisher, id also say new so you dont have to worry about the previous owners problmes...JMO
  3. bannor4952

bannor4952 Junior Member

if the drifts get packed in the ranger might struggle to push through, and be a little harder on the truck, is the dodge a 1/2 ton?
  4. hemi09

hemi09 Junior Member

The dodge is a half ton quad cab 4x4(of course) with the 5.7 hemi. The ranger has the 2.9 v-six. Also do they make new plows that will fit the ranger??
  5. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Put it on the dodge,
  6. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

The 2.9 is gutless, I have a 94 with one, put a plow on the dodge.