1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" raising to high and cracking line?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Pa Teeny, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Has anyone else had the line crack the meets the hydralic cylinder and cracks the bottom line...it seems to meet up with a support bar going to the plow....It just happened and I had to come to work after I fixed the problem...with new line.

I was pushing a pile back in high ans saw hydrolic fluid again.....?

Thanks

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Got a picture of what you are talking about?

3. I will take a picture tonight

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Something ain't right, there is plenty of room on all the hydro lines.

5. I can not post the pictures? I do not understand the url?

Thanks

6. plow hydraulic area

IMG_3032.jpg

picture

IMG_3032.jpg

7. IMG_3049.jpg

picture of bolt pulled or rusted out of poly..welded area

IMG_3049.jpg

8. IMG_3050.jpg

Picture of bolts pulling or rusted out of poly

IMG_3050.jpg

9. I tried to post other picture but you can see the poly holes are no bolts and no way to rebolt new bolts to the poly as steel plate on back area is solid The area is like a sealed steel triangle......no way for salt of ice to get into the area. I talked to Boss and they have not given me an answer,,,They did mail out the new bolts but HOW DO I Attach them? No Answer,,,,,I was thinking of using the plasma cutter....to cut a small area to get a wrench in to nuts...but that will weaken the steel structure......I thought about drilling the hole out but the drill bit will need to be 10" or longer. I did talk to Jamie at boss and he wanted pictures...I will send and take more so you can understand the situation better tomorrow....Thanks

I welded a steel plate over the cutting edge to hold poly down....these are pictures after I took the plate off as I needed a new cutting edge.....I just re welded the plate over the open areas so I can access the bolt holes this summers and make it through the winter.

Jeff

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

pull back a little and retake the pics.
    as it looks like you have a few issues going on.

what modifications have been done to your plow?

lift the plow so we can see what is coming close to your lift ram.

as for the lift ram hose put a 90* swivel on the hose.

11. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

12. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

This is how it should look.

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Elbow swivel fitting...

14. I thought about the swivel but did it not make the hose extend out further....I will buy a swivel and see if that will work

We tried to twist the hydraulic cylinder around but the lower hose would not fit -

Thanks