1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" on a Dodge 2500Hd

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Aug 23, 2009.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

What do you think, can a brand new dodge 2500HD manage a 9'2" boss power v-xt? Truck has the plow prep package with the hemi.

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Regular or quad cab?? Steel or Poly? What year truck? Most likely yes, it would.

p.s.: not posting in the photo section might help also. :)

3. 04f350powerv-xt

sorry wasn't thinking when i posted here. It's a regular cab with the steel 9'2".

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Yea, you should be fine. The Boss quickmatch on their site says that the 9'2" XT will work.

5. 04f350powerv-xt

Now does anyone know if the mount off my 2004 f350 will fit onto a 2009 dodge 2500HD?
    I am guessing that it will not fit, anyone know what a new mount is worth?
    Also how hard is it to remove the wiring and mount for that plow, just wondering if i should takle it my self or get some one that knows what they are doing to do it. The mount should be simple i think, just a few bolts?
    Also for a snow ex 7500 salter, is the wiring easy to take out??
    Thanks.

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

The mount will most likely not fit. A new one will range from $350.00 used to $550.00 new. The wiring harness for the snow ex should be easy to take out. good luck

7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

If i may ask...why the change from diesel to gas?

8. 04f350powerv-xt

$550? Ouch! got rid of the diesel because i was sick of dropping money into that truck, and i don't really do much towing so i figured a gasser would do me fine. Any one running 2500hd's with 1.5y salters? How do they hold up, should i drop a few extra leaf springs in it? How about the front end will it need some work to hold the heavy 9'2" boss v blade.
    Thanks.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you are going to run with the salter full and have your plow on you will be over your GVWR. Lots of guy running 2 yard salters here with boards on top to make them bigger and they are using 3/4 ton trucks. Not saying it is a good idea but lots of guys doing it.
    I would think your front end should be fine since you have the gas truck. You might want to put in Timbrens for a little extra help.

10. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Or instead of Timbrens, you can run a 2" leveling kit. My front end barely moves with my 9.2 V-XT

11. 04f350powerv-xt

bltp how does your truck handle that plow? Does the hemi have enough power to get through the deep heavy stuff?
    Guys run 2 yards on a 2500? I was busting leaf springs on my F350 running 1.5 yards. Thats why i was worried about putting 1.5y on the 2500.
    Thanks for the help

12. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

I would try runnin air bags on the back, that may help

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Were you running straight salt or sand/salt? 1.5 yards of straight salt should weigh about 2700lbs. Aren't those salters around 500 lbs.?

14. 04f350powerv-xt

i run straight salt untill supply gets low and they start to mix it with sand. I think the salter weighs 700 #.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't have any problem running that salter in a new truck.

16. 04f350powerv-xt

i was at my local boss dealer today and he told me i would not like the way that the boss trucks plow. He said they do not have enough power.....? Any truth to this, expecially since i am used to having a f350 diesel is the ram 2500 hemi going to disapoint?

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Didn't know Boss made trucks. Do you mean Dodge trucks?

That Hemi should plow just fine. Where are you located?

18. 04f350powerv-xt

located in hamilton.
    Don't see many dodge plow trucks around, makes we wonder if there is a reason for it.

19. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I plow with Dodge trucks. My main truck is a 05 Quad cab and I have the Cummins. I am running the Western 9' Pro Plus w. Wings and I have the 1.5 yd salt dogg. I installed the Timbrens on all corners of the truck and it handles it just fine. Still rides nice too if I may say so.

20. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I can't comment on the comparison between a Ford diesel and a Dodge Hemi because I have never plowed with a Diesel. I am sure that you will experience some torque loss going from one to the other.

However........I can say that I have NEVER run out of power plowing with a Hemi. I have run out of traction when I don't have any ballast, but never out of power. Like I said before, I enjoy plowing with my Dodge Hemi so much I went out and bought a second one.