1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 k2500 plow mounting ??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dodgepwr, Jul 18, 2009.

1. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

picked up a meyer plow dont know much about it, but it came off a 91 k1500 and it mounts inside the frame rails. can anyone give me any info? thank you

Tom

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure we can give you all kinds of info, what specifics are you looking to learn?

3. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

Well first my power steering cooling lines are in the way. just wondered if any one has experienced that? and will it fit my truck? my k2500 is a 6 lug.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you'll have to relocate the cooler lines, thats normal. And yes the mounts are the same between the two trucks so you're good to go there too.

5. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

Where do i relocate, and what is the best way? I've looked all over the net and there is little to no info. searching was making me think i had a mutant plow.LOL

Thanks again for the help
    Tom

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I used to relocate them to under the center of the radiator support as they get more airflow there anyway, which is important on a plow truck since you're work the steering hydraulics much more than you ever would simply by travailing down the road. All it takes is a few feet of rubber trans cooler hose (11/32" I.D.), a few worm clamps and a couple round mounting clamps...like what you'd use to mount bundles of wiring.

7. getkranked

getkranked Junior Member

You wouldnt have any diagrams to mount this age of plow to a 92 Suburban would ya? Got an old Diamond underhood to mount on one.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some of the lighting diagrams are avalible in the achive section on Meyer's website. Archives Just have to figure out which lights you're working with.

There's no hydro schematics there though for the old underhood stuff (and I don't have any either) but they're pretty simple to sort out on your own. Any idea which system you have?

9. getkranked

getkranked Junior Member

When I asked the guy at Meyers what model I had his response was "this is an underhood hydraulic system" Not sure what models there are for these.

Ive attached the diagram Im using with the same Solenoid assy except mine has three switches and not the slick stik

plow.jpg

10. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If your Suburban is the old Box style 73-92? I have a set of Diamond pull-away mounts which are almost new $175 + shipping

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/81007.pdf

11. getkranked

getkranked Junior Member

Thanks I'll keep that in mind once I get this thing moving,