1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 K1500 gas tank size?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BPK63, Nov 20, 2014.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Anybody know how I can tell the gas tank size, besides filling it from empty? I broke a tank band and the tank was hanging. I wired it up but when I go to buy the new bands they have 2 size tanks 25 and I think 34. It's a 4.3 v6 with 8 foot bed. Would something in the vin maybe tell me? This is just a plow my driveway and drive in bad weather truck. I've never even filled it from empty.

2. montec

montec Junior Member
    from ND

The vin would tell you, Have the dealer run it to get you the specs. I would say 25gal with v6.

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Wow like I didn't think of that.

4. 1997chevy

1997chevy Member

26 is the standard tank and 34 is the optional tank only available to long box pickups according to my book. I personally have never seen a long box with the 26 gallon tank only the 34

5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Why not measure the two broken halves? Then measure the new straps to see if they are similar.