1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 K1500 Blazer Tbars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay so my torsion bars on my Blazer are pretty wore out. I cranked the adjusters up really far and there still is alot of slop in the front end. The steering parts are only 1 year old, so that isnt the issue. Not quite sure on the bar code, only thing I could find in the glove box is 6GF and 7GF. My guess is that is the codes, but not sure. What bars should I look for to stiffen the front up some?? Im not looking to plow with this, but want it firmer. And will the 99-06 bars work on 88-98 trucks??

2. tracerich

tracerich Member
    from Earth

What do you mean "Alot of slop in the front end?"

What are the symptoms?

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It has alot of up/down bounce to it. The shocks are brand new the whole way around, new springs in the back, etc. When I go over bumps like on the highway, it kinda just bounces and it takes a bit to hold it in the lane. I cranked the bars to help limit suspension travel, but that didnt help too much. But this is the first GM suv that I have owned so Im guessing it isnt quite gonna ride like a truck.