1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 K1500 Blazer hesitating

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I just picked up a 92 K1500 Blazer on wednesday from Erie, Pa. It has the 5.7 350 and I think it is the TH700R4 transmission. Well I did a complete tune-up (cap, rotor, wires, plugs, pcv valve, air filter, oil) It seems like it hesitates on take off and kinda misses/sputters some while I drive. Kinda thinking maybe a crap tank of gas or the injectors are dirty, since it is TBI. Any help will be appreciated

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Was it doing this before tune up? Did you knock a vacuum line loose?

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yes it was doing this prior to me tuning it up. My wife got gas in it from a little gas station out in the boonies. She said it got worse after that. I am thinking she got some poop gas in it

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't see a fuel filter on your tune up list Tom...

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

yea didnt get to that one just yet, lol. Found out the EGR valve is junk and sticking open. Unplugged the vacuum line from it, plugged the line and now it runs like a charm. Guess I will have to replace that soon. Stupid EGR:gunsfiring: