1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 Ih

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by PITCH, Jan 28, 2008.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Looking At A 92 Ih Single Axle Dump With A 10ft Municiple Plow.

Truck Has A Allision Auto In It And Has 54,000 Miles On It. I Eventually Wat To Put A Salter On It. The Dump Body Was New Two Years Ago. The Dealer Is Looking For $10,900 For The Truck. Tires Are New, Central Hydraulics, All The Lights Work. The Engine Is A Dt 466. Gvw 37,000#. Frame Looks Good. Anybody Have Any Thoughts????? Anything I Should Be Looking For???? Any Comments Appriciated

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

must be in good shape for that $$$? sounds like a good set up for plowing and salting. only thing i dislike about our 1989 tractor is it rides real rough bareback or loaded. we had to let the air out of the tires and it did better. also don't get one with a 7.3IDI or a 5 speed and no splitter.

3. cornerstone

cornerstone Member

We recently sold an '87 IH 1900 with 466 turbo and 5-speed allison 145,000mi. Rock solid trucks. Ride rough cause they're built tough!:cool: