1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 GMC to 97 Chev Meyers swap question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by GSCalifornia, Nov 25, 2009.

1. GSCalifornia

GSCalifornia Junior Member

I took my Meyers poly blade plow package off my '92 GMC K1500 Suburban and was going to reinstall it on my '97 Chevy C1500 Suburban.

All was going well until I tried to install the passenger side support bracket, the one that bolts to the bottom of the plow mount and angles back up to the frame. On the GMC it bolted through the frame, but the Chevy already has some sort of steering stabilizer bolted to the frame on the passenger side.

Do I just take out one of the short bolts holding the stabilizer and install the plow bracket using a real long bolt? The diameter of those bolts is smaller than the original bolt used on the GMC, and I didn't know if I should be concerned about that.

Ken M
    Duluth, MN
  2. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

Did you say C1500 suburban? If so this is a 2 wheel drive truck and I would not suggest putting a plow on it.
  3. GSCalifornia

GSCalifornia Junior Member

My bad, it is a 4x4 Chevy Suburban.

I stopped by my local plow store and explained my dilemna to the nice lady at the counter. She took out the Meyers catalog and showed me the special bolts that Meyers uses, the 3/4" bolts with the long tab welded on the top end. She offered to sell me a package of them (2 in a package), but the $49.95 price tag had me scared. Thankfully she lowered the price to $24.00 which was still high in my opinion, but it was exactly what I needed to get the plow mount finished.

So, $25 lighter in my wallet (tax ya know) my plow was finished, tested, and ready for snow!