1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 Ford Manual Hubs

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by artic429, Dec 8, 2008.

1. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Im having probs with my 4 wheel drive....I was getting a bad clunk on the front passenger side and now all of the sudden i cant get the four wheel drive to engage. I was wondering if the automatic hubs(or hub) ended up going out? I want to put on manuals but im not sure what i need to get for that.... I think i have to get a conversion kit along with the manual hubs? Its hard telling what i am looking for when im talking to some bozo at autozone over the telephone. Can anyone give me a few pointers on what i should be looking for? Any and all help is much appreciated. Not to rush.... but..... its supposed to dump 5-6 inches on me tomorrow...... :help:
  2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Most likely yes a blown hub, really no surprise with autos and plowing. Yes you need a conversion kit to switch to manuals. Though if the parts store doesn't list a kit, you can usually buy them separately as they are all stock ford parts, spindle nuts and spacers. They should have a book. You need everything outside the bearings basically.

In this pic they are in the lower corners.