1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 F250 piss poor performance

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dgerke, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dgerke

dgerke Member

Well ill make this short ,having a problem with power and fuel usage , engine sounded like it was missing , so went down p/u new wires , plugs , router , cap , and checked timing ran fine for a couple days then started acting up again, best way to describe it would be if it was carburetor on it i would guess the choke was sticking , but being EFI dont have a clue . any inputs would be helpful . :help:
  2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Is the check engine light on? Does it even work? It is OBDI and you can pull codes if needed.First is it coming up to normal operating temperature? Pull the vacuum line off of the fuel pressure regulator and start it and see if fuel leaks out the vacuum hose nipple. Put a vacuum gauge on it, low vacuum would most likely be plugged catalytic converter or bad valves. A compression test would also be a great starting point ( know it is worth fixing before wasting a lot of time on it).
  3. dgerke

dgerke Member

All my dash lights work , no check engine light , it does come up to normal opp temp , the cats are removed when i got the truck , Ill check the compression and vac the engine does have 265440 miles on it never thought about the valves thanks for the input ill get back after checking compression and vac
  4. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

have you ever heard of seafoam? I would try to seafoam the engine and see if that helps. You might have a ton of carbon build up and the seafoam treatment really helps.
  5. dgerke

dgerke Member

Awww success , took my truck over to a friends house to put it on his scanner , no codes were detected so we we going to check compression next but decided to check fuel pressure found out it was flexing on pressure so changed out fuel filter and it cleared up runs like a champ threw a can of sea foam in the tank for good measure , thanks for everyones input.
  6. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Ah, see everyone forgets about the poor lonely fuel filter when they do a tune up....
    poor little guy :)

That reminds me, I need to chance mine..dang its cold out, guess it will have to wait...