1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" dxt won't sit level

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Sethro90, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Sethro90

Sethro90 Junior Member

Just bought 2 new 9'2" Boss V's. One is a DXT the other a VXT. The DXT when in the V position has the wing ends almost 1" off the floor. I tried adjusting the bumper stop and the only way I can get it to set level is to completely remove the stopper. The VXT on the same truck sits level with no problem. Any suggestions to how to fix this?

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Is the frame height correct ?

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Are the mounting holes at 15.5 inches on the truck side ?

4. Sethro90

Sethro90 Junior Member

The mounting holes measure 15 3/4". And that is the lowest the mount will go.

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Call BOSS sounds like they need to make a thinner Bump stop. If the VXT sits ok I would think the DXT should also.

Do you have larger than stock tires? Lift on truck? I have one lifted, that I made a plow frame drop for to get it to 15.5

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. Sethro90

Sethro90 Junior Member

I have a leveling kit and larger tires. But I didn't understand why the VXT sat okay but the DXT did not. I was going to try and shave the bumper stop down.

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Call boss. There customer service is great.

8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

On our new DXT's the back of the center shoe in scoop mode hit the ground a little bit. The outside tips of the wings were about 1/44 inch off the ground, once we pushed once with it sits perfect.

You slid the bump stop all the way forward, correct?

9. Sethro90

Sethro90 Junior Member

I slid the stop back (towards the truck). Putting it further forward (away from the truck) was only making it worse.

10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Oops, read it too fast. Try switching the VXT pad over. I'd guess that your mount height not being right is the issue here. From what I've seen the DXT's are a little more tricky to adjust.