1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 dodge frame issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by foltzag, Jan 21, 2011.

1. foltzag

foltzag Junior Member

first year for this truck and plow. 92 3/4 ton dodge with a cummins. mounted a snoway 28D "lobo" v-plow. as you may know this plow is extreamly heavy. after 4 snows now, last night being wet and heavy at times, the gap between the cab and bed indicates that my frame is bending up in the middle somewhere. has anyone else had this problem with first gen dodge plow trucks? these trucks do not have the boxed frame that the later ones do. i fear i may have over-loaded the truck. it is in the shop now dripping off and i will get under it and see if i can identify the cause. just wondered if anyone knows of a week point in the frame to look at first. or possible repairs. the body is a classic plow truck, JUNK! i am hoping that the bed is just rotted enough that it is an optical illusion. any input would be great. thanks.
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Not likely to bend the frame in the middle. Frames usually bend at the frame horn area. From front spring hanger to bumper area.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I would say you've got some body mounts rusting away. I'd check those out when you have a chance.
  4. foltzag

foltzag Junior Member

yep, false alarm, when all the ice melted away, the rear three crossmembers of the bed are settled on the frame by about 1/2-3/4". shes ready for some body work!!! i'll still keep my fingers crossed because everyone said i was a fool for mounting an 800 lb plow on a single frame truck. working so far!
  5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Check the frame between the cab and the bed those 1s gen dodges have a issue with rusting out at that spot. My 90 has a couple holes in that area but is salvageable!