1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 Chevy with minute mount 2 Wont move.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by frgystyl, Jan 19, 2011.

1. frgystyl

frgystyl Junior Member
    from maine

Hey all new here. Its one am and I have 3 driveways left.
    Plow started acting funny last storm. Hit Left on the fishstick and it would go right briefly then go left. Knew something was coming but wasnt expecting this. plow goes up and down. Left or right it twitches briefly in the right direction but wont move all the way. Fluid is good. Sounds like the motor is on and struggles when you hold the button down lights dim sounds like motor is working but its not moving. but it tries. It moves either way about an inch.

Any thoughts please?
    Glad I found this place. lol
    Thanks in advance!
    Rich

2. frgystyl

frgystyl Junior Member
    from maine

To add to it as well it occasionally works will go left and right and back to straight then stops working.

Finished my driveways old school. Up and down thats it. lol

3. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

When the last time you cleaned the filter I had this happen to me first storm and my filter was clogged

4. frgystyl

frgystyl Junior Member
    from maine

Never actually. WHere is it?

5. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

well that's prob your issue. Pull the 4 bolts on each corner of the fluid reservoir pull the hole thing down it will take some wiggling and pulling the rubber o ring sticks it on tight. You will see the screen on the end of the pick up tube that extends down into the fluid. clean it or replace it with a new one. Disconnect hoses for the angle cylinders at the pump and put them in a container and work the plow back and forth by hand to push out all the old fluid put it all back together and refill.

6. c&msnowplowing

c&msnowplowing Junior Member

you can also check your connections at the plugs. Make sure the pins have not collapsed and are making good contact. If you "wiggle" your plugs when disconnecting this will collapse your pins in the plug. Make sure to periodically clean the plugs and use dielectric grease to prevent corrosion

7. frgystyl

frgystyl Junior Member
    from maine

Well got it figured out. Was the fishstick wire.
    Thanks to all for everyones help! Drove it over to a buddies that has the same rig and took his fishstick and tried itand worked perfect again. Still going to change the filter though