1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 Chevy Timbren Install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gprx2, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gprx2

gprx2 Junior Member

So i got my timbs in the mail the other day and started on the install. The vehicle is a 92 K2500. The part of the frame that the Timbren bracket bolts to was rusted to hell. TO me looks like a very poor design .... its like a little cup that hold all water, mud, ect.

Anyway this part that comes off the frame is rusted to the point where the outer layers of the metal are just falling off as i work on it. Has anybody delt with problem?

I did install them as directed and they seem to be soild ( i still want to beef up the mounting areas) My other issue is that they do not touch the control arm at all with no plow weight. WIth the plow weight They just barely begin to touch... Is the correct way they should be? :confused:
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

should touch at all times. mine do, and alot of other guys do too.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

they might not touch if you have the tbars cranked or keys. Not sure but mine have always touched
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe not all the time :p
  5. saynow

saynow Junior Member

plow off...ALMOST touch
    plow on...touch a little
    2000 3/4 ton cc sb
  6. gprx2

gprx2 Junior Member

Yeah, I do have the torsion bars cranked a bit. A buddy and I are going to work with it a little more tomorrow. Mainly getting the mounting points up to par.