1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 chevy 1500 cutting out

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bustnsurf, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bustnsurf

bustnsurf Junior Member

I have a 92 Chevy 1500 with a 4.6 v6. It started a month ago when I thought I had some bad fuel. It was cutting out but not too bad. It went away after I filled up with some new fuel and a bottle of heet. Now it's doing it again bad. I have to the rpm's up high to keep it running. I changed the fuel filter and it seemed okay for a couple minutes but then stalled. I couldn't get it started until I poured a little gas down the carb. It spitted and sputtered enough to get it home. Fuel pump maybe or a sensor?? Help!!!

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

When was the filter changed last?????Rob

3. bustnsurf

bustnsurf Junior Member

4.3 dies

4.3 dies after engine warms up, then won't start at all until engine cools all the way down. It doesn't get hot, but as soon as the fast throttle kicks off and goes to normal idle it lopes a little and quits. Then it won't fire at all. The check engine light code came up as coolant temp sensor. will shut it down until engine cools completely?

Max