1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92 bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Pushnshove, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Pushnshove

Pushnshove Junior Member

I have a 92 bronco overall its in decent shape has rust around the wheel well, and had to replace the tailgate. Frame is solid, I'm looking to put a plow mount on it, like a tube quick release type. I already have a meyer plow for it but need the whole set up for it. Undercarriage, light and pump frame. Oh and its a six cylinder. Wil the bronco fit the bill for plowing? If so, do I need to put a heavier spring on it like I did with my f150 by replacing it with a f250 spring? thanks.

2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

It will plow just like a F150 except you will be able to turn nice and tight. Add some ballast to the rear. I would run air bags up front if you are going to use it during the summer as they won't harshen the ride then. Also if you have an auto add the tranny cooler. Just do all the basic stuff you would do for a half ton truck.

3. captfudd

captfudd Member

Bronco plow excellently, just some points that havent been covered yet. After you get the plow installed drive around with the plow on and see how your temp gauge reacts my experience has been that with most of the Bronco's you have to bump up the radiator too keep the truck cool especially in the 6cyl models. If the truck has the automatic hubs get rid of them I personally have delat with too many issues with auto hubs on Fords

4. Pushnshove

Pushnshove Junior Member

thanks again!

Thanks for all the replys appreciated. Good Plowing!