1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2 boss vplow wings fold back under pressure

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkraemer67, Jan 1, 2016.

1. mkraemer67

mkraemer67 Junior Member
    from Cascade

First storm out with my new v plow. Pushing heavy snow in scoop mode and the wings will fold back when pushing hard. Does anyone know if this is normal as a safety feature or is there a possible problem with plow?
  2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

V plows are designed "fold back" as a safety feature. Not knowing how heavy the snow is/ was it is difficult to answer your question. For starters you should have the pressure relief settings tested to see if they are set to where they need to be.
  3. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

My boss 9'2 dxt does that and yes it is a safety feature. With that said mine never does it until I get to the end of the run to stack. Most times this doesn't happen but when you get that sloppy wet chit, mine does it pretty often... I've never had it happen pushing in straight line across a lot with wet snow though so if that is happening you may want to have it checked out.? Normally I will run out of traction before the relief valves kick in.
  4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I deleted a duplicate post on my part. Oops
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

My Boss does it when stacking my Meyer will do it pushing in a strait line.
  6. mkraemer67

mkraemer67 Junior Member
    from Cascade

Okay and thanks. Thats kinda what i figured and the snow is really heavy and paked tight. Gotta say after using this vplow i will never go back to a straight blade ever again. Man does it savetime
  7. Better the wing folds in on you than you bursting a hose or the next weakest point in your hydraulic system.