1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" Boss V What's the best truck??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bossplower, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

What's the best truck for a 9'2" Boss V ?
    I'm looking at ext, cab short bed Dodge or Ford diesel 00-01 used or a new 04 Dodge . I saw some 01 lariat F350 with 35K on them at the auction for$ 26k they are around $43k new. I can look at used Dodges or pick up a new one 04 SLT 373 rear HO
    48re tranny for$ 33,500
    Does anyone no which one would be the best plow truck or best deal on a truck?

Thanks Steve

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  2. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Best truck

I don't know what the best deal would be. The best truck is definitely the one with the Cummins diesel. I have both the Cummins and the Power Joke engines in my fleet, The Cummins is much simpler to service starts much better gets better mileage and just likes to work, The Cummins costs less to run and I don't need earplugs when plowing.
    Hyperpack

3. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

No power stroke guys to comment.

4. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

I run a 99 F-250 Ext. cab shortbed with the Powerstroke, got a 9'2" Boss V on the front and have never had a problem. Truck still handles well with the plow on. As far as which diesel, the biggest problem I have with Cummins is that it sits in a Dodge. Both are good engines and will get the job done. I've plowed with a Dodge/Cummins set up and did not like it (my opinion) I'll stick with my Fords.

5. Sno

Sno Senior Member

I have a GMC Siera Xtended cab 2500 with 6.0L ....

Only one complaint.. Turning radius is lacking.

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i would think both the ford 250-250 power stroke diesel and the dodge 2500-3500 cummins can handle the boss v-plow fine. its whatever truck you like better or find a better deal on.:)

7. zyter

zyter Junior Member

I believe you will have great success with either motor. I've owned both Dodge and Ford. I have more confidence in Ford's tranny. I've been running a 9'2'' Boss and 8' backblade on my 01 F250 since it came off the show room floor. I did add one spring to the front end when I bought. Good luck with truck you choose. You can't beat the Boss V!

Zyter

8. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

bossplower

Well guys , I bought a new truck today. I want to thank everyone for the suggestions in helping make up my mind on which truck to buy.
    I bought a Dodge 2500 HD 5.9 HO Cummins 48re tranny w\ plow package. I got around 14mpg comming home with my new 9'2"
    Boss V poly plow on the front. The poly weights 30lb's more than the metal one but he said they are great plows. He said the snow rolls right off of it. I will try to post some pictures later this week.

Thanks again, Steve

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Congradulations on your new truck. good luck with it and get some pics when you get a chance!:) :nod:

10. BIGREDDODGE

BIGREDDODGE Junior Member

I just sold my Boss poly vee plow, I bought the first one that came in, it looked just as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it, the poly hides all the scratches.