1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" BOSS V-Plow Back Drag Blade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thecabinexpert, Dec 28, 2015.

1. thecabinexpert

thecabinexpert Junior Member

Looking for a back drag blade for my 2011 BOSS v plow. It back drags terible compared to my old 2005 BOSS 8' straight blade.

Is it possible to have a hinged back drag blade on this plow or do i have to go with second blade bolted behind the cutting edge? They want me to purchase a new cutting edge with it which seems like a waste to me.

I would prefer to purchase one, but with good specs i could get a local shop tp fabricate.

Please help my back hurts from all the shoveling.
  2. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

With our western MVP, we could only pickup the bolt on type, which we did not. We talked to a few people who FAB up hinged ones and they cant do it for V blades. and yes, you have to buy a new edge when using the bolt on ones, that also means replacing BOTH edges when it comes time. We never did get a backdrag edge for the plow, it did ok backdraging but not nearly as good as a straight or wideout
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

do you have the smart hitch? I wired the smart hitch up to put down pressure on the plow for backdragging. it way better than not having it, but not as well as my fisher with a hinged backdrag.
  4. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

How did you do that ?
  5. thecabinexpert

thecabinexpert Junior Member

yes i do, how do you go about that and do you lose the ability to float.
  6. Zigblazer

Zigblazer Member

I would like to know how do power down as well. Even if anyone has wiring schematics I can figure it out. If anyone knows where to find wiring schematics for my Boss RT3 V-plow, it would be great if you could let me know.
  7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict