1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" Boss on 3/4 chevy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pro, Dec 31, 2005.

1. pro

pro Junior Member
    from IN

Anyone running or know of anyone running a 9'2" Boss V on a 3/4 Chevy? The web site says it is ok, but I would like some real input. The truck is an x'tra cab short bed 3/4, with the vortec 6000.

Thank you for your input, and Happy New Year!
  2. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

We have a 2005 2500HD ecab, short box running an 8'2" Boss, and my truck is a 2000 diesel 2500, ecab, short box running the 9'2". I get annoyed now when I use the new truck - I like production. No problems with either.
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The first question that I'll ask is: Will the 9'2" Boss Vee be Steel or Poly? That makes a difference as well. Weights are different between the two. You might have to crank up the torsion bars a little, but I know guys around here who have 9'2" 's on 1/2 Dodges. I run a 9'2" on my F250. It is Poly as well, it's a little heavier, but i like how the snow rolls off it. You should have no problem, a set of Timbrens would be recommended as well. Just my 2 pennies.

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I have one on my 2500HD (9200GVW) and it works fine.

Don't know if I would put one on a 3/4 ton (8600GVW) though. Make sure you have the 4800lb FAWR. Don't think it was available in the 2500 light duty 3/4 tons though.

Used an 8.2 for many years on my old truck, and always wished it were bigger.

Haven't found any drawbacks.