1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'2" Boss DXT Stainless Never Pushed Snow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jmb49735, Dec 28, 2013.

1. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

I have a Boss DXT I bought thinking I needed it but I don't. It has never been hooked to a truck or pushed any snow. The blade is built and all the truck side stuff is still in boxes. The mount is for a 1988-1999 GM truck. It is 9'2" DXT Stainless and has everything but a snow flap. I have pics on my phone that I can send. Asking $7000. Call 989-858-1209

2. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

So what is it worth? I had some guy wasting my time today that responded to my CL add trying to tell me it was only work $4000. I laughed at him. Told him that in 3yrs I still wouldn't sell it for that.

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

What's it worth?? Whats the thing go for brand new? I myself wouldn't buy a plow for $7000.00 even if it was made of gold. Especially a Boss... Never used one but it would drive me crazy that you need to press 2 different buttons at the same time to make it V and Scoop. Correct me if I'm wrong.... but an honest answer to your question is whatever the plow cost brand new minus a couple hundred would probably suffice...

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You can buy a new one cheaper than what Youre asking for it. Thats your problem.

5. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

I know that. But in my area you can't because no dealers have any.

I guess I'm asking if you were in my shoes what would you want someone to pay you?

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You can push both buttons on the controller at the same time to make it scoop and v. Very easy. And yea, $7k, way too high

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

No more than 5k. You're not a dealer you're not going to service his plow when he has a problems. I'm not sure if the warranty would even transfer.

It doesn't matter if no one has one. You still have a used plow selling private party

8. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

It's used but it's not. (read first post) Does a Boss really need a warranty. I've bought used ones and run them for 2-3 years and never put a dime into them other than fluid changes and cutting edges.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

5-5500 would be ballpark.

10. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I understand that but the fact of the matter is its not a NEW plow from a dealer. You can't ask for more than a new plow either way. I agree with old Dogg 5000-5500 and you should be happy to get that

11. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

I've owned both Boss and a Fisher Xtreme v. They both have good and bad points. Just like the perfect job, the perfect plow does not exist.

12. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

If new owner could get the factory warranty I'd be looking for 80-85% of what I paid. Otherwise I think I'd expect 70-75%. I'm also looking at how much I'd be willing to spend. I'd apply those numbers to other products other than plows as well, in as new condition. Other obvious factor would be how badly I needed it sold, financially and storage wise.

13. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

So I guess I should take the 6k I was offered. But I know for sure I wouldn't take 4k. I'd keep it for that amount.

14. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

The dealer I bought it from said I had to register it for the warranty. I've not done that yet. So I would think that the new owner could do it. Not sure if that is right. I've never bought a new Boss.

15. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I'd think it depends on what Boss requires to register it. If they want copy of receipt from authorized seller and that receipt has your name on it than no-go.

16. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

I guess I'll call Boss in the morning and ask. Then I'll know for sure.

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Huh? Western/Fisher does not require that

I would be surprised and disappointed if BoSS does.

18. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I didn't know if they wanted it or not and don't remember what was needed when or even if I registered the two I've bought. I just looked on The Boss website. They want dealer info, serial # and date of purchase.

I know there are some manufacturers (not necessarily snow related) that do require a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes. I had to do that with my Marantz receiver when it died, for example.

19. jmb49735

jmb49735 Junior Member

20. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Might be tough with that year mounts some one will need to buy all new wires and truck mounts $4 k might not have been to bad
    Unless u get lucky and a guy with that truck years needs a plow but
    Why would you buy 2 if you only need 1 might be an expensive mistake