1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

92-97 F Series Gauge Pictures

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by linckeil, Dec 14, 2010.

1. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

so i am going to be mounting a trans temp gauge in my truck, and while I'm at it, I'm also going to be installing an engine oil temp and a vacuum gauge.

i'm planning on installing the 3 gauges below the ashtray hanging from a 3-gauge pod from the bottom of the dash.

but i'd like to see any aftermarket/non-factory gauge pictures in the 92-97 interiors. where did you guys install them? post some pics whether it be 1 gauge, or 10 gauges.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I have three gauges mounted to the pillar post, trans. temp, boost, and EGT. I like having them at eye level so at a glance you can check temps. without taking your eyes off the road. I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

3. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

I just got a guage set for the pillar too. Right at eye level. Can't wait to get them installed. EGt Boost and Trans Temp. $200 with the guages and pod on ebay Glowshift guages. Ill try to post a pic once i get them in but it could be a while for the egt.

4. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I have a trans temp and tachometer that were just installed in a 2 gauge pod on the a pillar. Unfortunately my truck is at the body shop right now getting some rust fixed and painted, but it should be out by Thursday or Friday and I will take a couple pictures. The pillar is not painted at the moment though so it doesn't look the greatest but can give you an idea

5. linckeil

from CT

i figured the pillar would be the most popular spot. for some reason i've never liked the pillar mounted gauges. personal preference i guess. but post up those pics when you get a chance.

6. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Ill get you some of the ones in my truck later today. I've got 4 on the a pillar

Edit: photo for you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  7. linckeil

from CT

thanks for the pic weare.

so i installed my gauges today. the pilar gauges are definetly more "in your face", but just not my style. so i mounted them below the ashtray. i built a mount for the pod that uses stock bolts under the dash - no holes were drilled. and i tapped into the radio wiring for my lights, ground, and switched power - so no cutting into the factory harness. all gauges indicate the engine is operating in the ranges it should. good for my piece of mind.....

350gauges1.jpg

350gauges2.jpg

350gauges3.jpg

8. weareweird69

Looks good! and good god, a cable plow. I hate mine. lol

9. linckeil

from CT

love the western cable plows. super reliable, easy to work on. whats not to love? funny thing is when i bought this truck it had a unimount on it, but i removed it to put my tried and true cable pump from my old truck on it.....

10. weareweird69

Mine works great but the cables are always giving.me problems...