1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

911 04 f250 mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Oct 28, 2011.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I just bought my new boss 8ft, treadedout the western. Any how the heck does the mount go on the truck. Any one have pics.

2. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If the plow is new it should of come with directions. Never hurts to go thru that book anyway. The front bumper will have to come off and you will have to drill a few holes.

4. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

I actually just did it. You have to drill 12 holes into the frame, then figure out a way to get the bolts into the back holes that are 2 ft down the frame and hold them to tighten them down. Its a pita but I did it in a few hrs and not working fast on it.

5. fireboy6413

thanks for the replys, it turns out, I had to call the dealer, on the late build 04 truck the 2 outer tabs for the push beam have to be cut off. Thats what the hole problem was.

6. fireboy6413

philie how did you wind up getting thoes 4 furthest bolts threw the frame

7. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

Haha, I untwisted a wire hanger..Twisted it around the bolt head and finagled them through the frame into the holes. I then twisted a nut on each so they wouldnt fall back out.. Then I took my torque wrench, which was barely long enough, and inserted it into the frame so I could tighten them up. Its by far the hardest part of the install.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They make bolt bars for a reason ;)

9. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

Ya, didnt have one. It really wasnt a big issue. I did see the bolt bars but had to improvise with what I had.

10. fireboy6413

where do I get a bolt bar, never heard of such a thing

11. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

You might want to check the boss distributor in your area. The way I did it didnt take that long but it would have been faster with the bolt bar.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie gets them from his supplier. I can check. We have made them before. Just weld a rod on the end of a bolt. The bolt bars are nice, you can bend them to shape and run them around corners and stuff in the frame.