1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9100 Sq ft parking lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by moose02, Nov 26, 2008.

1. moose02

moose02 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Where would everyone be on this 3/4 open, 1/4 pain in the arrs. Salted every plow

Thanks

folks

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I would be in the truck:D

3. moose02

moose02 Junior Member
    from Ontario

ya me to im saying around $2700 with salt, we charge salt as an extra though so we dont get stuck with a big salt bill

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

$125-150 per event

5. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

For like a 16 event season, I'd do it for around $1600 with salt capped.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

$160 per event. 80 to plow and 80 to salt. I have 5 small fast food restaurants and they take me 15 minutes to plow if that and I get 160 out of each one. good luck...

7. On a 4 month season I'd be at about $1700 flat rate unlimited plowing and salting at $200 per application. Thats the going rate where I am with my competitors. No one in my area has a cut off on how many times they plow for the flat rate seasonal. At least not that I know of...

8. cretebaby

$200 really?:confused:

9. Yes and we pay $86 per ton of salt. A lot that size would probably use less than 1/4 of a ton.

My residential driveway salting rate is $75 per application. With residential salting however we will not salt when we plow. We're simply too busy. So the rate has to include the trip back there after the snow removal etc.

10. Also be Leary of these people. Most companies have their snow removal contracts signed in October, often by their landscapers. Are they cheap and shopping hard or are they non-payers and last years company won't take them back... I'd be asking lots of questions...

Also I offer a discount to companies that provide me with post dated checks so it saves me on collecting.

11. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Man I wish I could get 800 dollars per ton applied. For that price I think I might place each granual by hand to get the best effectiveness for the product. Figure the gas, and time to get to each place that has to come out to something like $650 per ton profit. I need to move to Canada, here in Ohio I am lucky to get 200 a ton, and my cost is 130.

12. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

$40 here might get you it just to plow.

13. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

:dizzy:.......

You guys keep saying "per event", and I'm just wondering what you exactly mean by that. I've always considered an event to be an entire storm. So when your saying $125 or whatever for an event, is that just one push or however many it takes for the storm? I've been bidding per push. I got a call for a similar lot, and gave a price of $125 per push including shoveling walkways, ice melt on walkways, and daily site checks.

14. Rc2505

I would call per event any amount of snow that requires a push. So if your bidding out XXX amount of dollars to plow with a 2 inch trigger, than at the 2 inches you go out and plow. If it continues snowing, and you reach anouther 2 inch trigger then off you go plowing again, and that equals another push which is another bill. Thats why when I bid jobs, I give them a price for 1-2.9 inches, a different price for 3-4.9, and so on. That would be based on a per storm total, not a per event total. Maybe I do it wrong, and cut my own throat on dollars earned, but around here that is what is accepted.

15. I can't believe you guys actually get business like that down there. Here my trigger is 3cm which is what all of my competition is running in my area. And the rates are seasonal, not per push. We plow an unlimited amount of times. If our trigger hits 50 times in the winter we plow 50 times for the same rate. Obviously some winters are better than others. We lost money last year....

If I tried to sell per push service here I'd be standing in the unemployment line. LOL

16. Rc2505

Driveway Doctor, The problem is you guys horde all the snow up north, and don't share much of it with us. We have only averaged about 8 pushes, and maybe 15 salting events over the past 5 years. So for us to sell seasonal contracts would be a big gamble for either the owner of the property or the owner of the plow. I can see the benifit for seasonal if we had a 20 or 30 average, but that just doens't happen here. Maybe you guys could send some down our way, and we can have some of the dun as well

17. You got a deal. I'm setting up my fan in my south facing window now to blow the snow your way. I want 10% commission though bubba! haha

18. cretebaby

i would call that per push if you are plowing every 2"

19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I agree, but what would you describe as per event?

20. cretebaby

per event IMO would be a set charge per 24 hrs or per low pressure system