1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

91 transmission

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by M&M Lawn Care, Mar 21, 2005.

1. M&M Lawn Care

M&M Lawn Care Junior Member

i have a 91 f-150 auto,trans is a e4od, straight six. I just removed the transmission and am trying to figure out out how to get the torque converter off to replace the front seal and bearing.

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

on the e4od it should just pull right out...unless the bearing is fried and welded itself to the torque converter. if thats the case im not sure how to get that apart..bye the way, welcome to plowsite..

3. M&M Lawn Care

M&M Lawn Care Junior Member

ya i just pulled it right off. Then i took the trans to the transmission shop to have them look at it they told me the pump went bad then blew the bushing and seal and that my torque converter was bad. Said they will probaly just rebuild it and replace the pump, bearing, seal, torque converter, put a new filter on it for around $450. does this sound like a fair price, also has anyone had problems with the e4od. It has 170,000 miles on it, but it is 2 wheel drive and never pulled anything. i just got it about a couple months ago for a spare. Thanks for the help.