1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

91 F350 plow mount compatibility

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jeepplow, Sep 24, 2003.

1. jeepplow

jeepplow Junior Member

I'm a newbie here and just a snow pusher for pleasure. I currently have a 91 F-350 SRW, 460 with a 7'-6" Western that really did a great job, the four times I got to use it last year in southern Michigan.

I will be selling my beloved F-350 and plow soon. My neighbor has a 95 F-250. If I find a buyer for the truck first without the plow, will the 91 F-350 mount fit onto the 95 F250? I know Ford did not change much during these years.

I am looking for a plow for my 94 Wrangler. I read enough posts about the Wrangler doing a great job pushing lights snows but I still worry about the weight. I only plow my own, the in-laws, and a couple friends drives, mostly all gravel. I would back drag mine since I recently had stone put down.

I am looking at the Snowbear......I know, they won't hold up to "real" plowing, but I don't make money at this so cost is a big factor. Our Wrangler has been an outstanding vehicle, reliable, fun, just great. I really don't want to hasten its destruction with a very heavy plow. I finally got to actually see and touch the Snowbear and it looks fairly stout to me - it should be good enough.

Anyway, if someone knows for sure about the F350 mount, I appreciate your help.:help:

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

JeepPlow, The biggest change on the 250/350 was the nose pc mounting locations for the bumper. The older one mounted to the frame around the front horns. The new ones mount to plates welded to the inside of the frame. Old frame C channel, New frame boxed.

Plow mount on the old mounted under the bumper and the newer ones mounted over the frame. The pcs behind the mount are the same though. I have several of the front mt pcs if you are looking for a used one. PM me for info. Jerre

3. jeepplow

jeepplow Junior Member

Thanks for the information. I figure the truck/plow will go together and not separate anyway.

4. jeepplow

jeepplow Junior Member

I will be sure to let you know, Jerre, if we decide to convert this to the 95 F-250.

Thanks.