1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'91 F250 diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Slicer Al, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Slicer Al

Slicer Al Junior Member
    from WI

Looking at buying a 1991 F-250 diesel to put my Boss straight blade on, with the idea of buying a Boss V-plow in the future. According the the Boss website, Ford did not recommend putting a plow on this diesel truck. Has anybody put a plow on this diesel? Can it be done? Thoughts?

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Hey Slice, there are zillions of F250's with V's on here, the ? is what front end is under that truck? .........welcome to PS:nod:

3. CJ7Laredo

CJ7Laredo Junior Member

I put a 8.5' Boss Superduty my '89 F250 diesel. The mount had to be modified as the radiator is much larger on the diesel. Also, my diesel came with the dana 44 ifs. It was a real lightweight. I upgraded to a Dana 60, and the combination has been unstoppable! Just watch your front axle weight rating. If it's a Dana 50 ifs you should be fine.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

same with our 91 f 350 diesel.......yours a four wheeler? ours is a 2 wheeler... watch out for the e4od transmission..... we are almost on #4 in just 200k...this last one only has about 12k miles on it and it's getting bad..not from plowing though, just from pulling our trailers and running a v box.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Dana 44HD in the F-250 holds up well to a 7.5 husky 4 springer. It's a heavy plow. Make sure the U joints are tight with no slop. Keep the hubs clean and greased every year. Watch for seal leaks, make sure the vent line is not letting in water. I don't think there are many Dana 50's axles around to replace it.