1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

91 Dodge ram crankshaft sensor

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by plow4u, Nov 7, 2008.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Anyone ever replace crankshaft sensor on 91 Ram 250?? If so where is it and does anyone have any pics or diagram of it, I cannot find it anywhere.
  2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

What engine?

RODHALL Senior Member

crank sensor is located on the right (passengers)side back of the block, it is held in by 2 allen head or trox headed bolts. the sensor is at the verry back of the block and goes into hole into transmission.

Fair warning they are a PITA to get to and change
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

yep just changed mine

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Not to mention all the broken studs and bolts. You are going to open a huge can of worms. IMO send this one out and pay the bill. Are you sure that this is the problem??? Make sure you have the engine scanned.
  6. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

just replaced mine about a month ago.. Looked easy enoph.. got the old one out in about 15 min.. and spent the next 3 hours trying to get the new one back in..