1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

91 chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Double C, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Double C

Double C Member
    from Montana

I looking for input on a 1991 Chevy 1/2ton with a V6 motor and a 7'6" st8 blade, Will this truck have any power to push snow?
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

most trucks lose traction before they run out of power
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

it would work fine
  4. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I had this exact same truck,... 1991 Chevy 1500 WT with the 4.3 V6 & 5-speed,... it had 287,000 miles on it when I sold it, and never had one major issue with it (engine, tranny, T-case, diffs). I replaced the clutch on it twice, and all U-joints, but it ran/started perfectly with no oil useage w/Amsoil in everything it's entire life. And that was after at least 8 years of heavy commercial plowing (My plowing season here is 5-6 months a year) with an 8' SnoWay. I wouldn't choose to do it again, but at the time it was all I had. ALWAYS plow in Low range with ½-tons, stay ahead on your maintainence, and drive it like Grandma would, and it will work for you. Power on the 4.3 was never an issue, and I plowed snow dumps with that truck (chained up) that came half-way up the doors. Timbrens & a few cranks on the T-bars, and you're set to go,.. good luck!
  5. Double C

Double C Member
    from Montana

Thank you that makes my feel better