1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

91 chevy dually taillight wiring help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Moonlighter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Hey guys I am starting to wire up the new flat bed with taillights and runners, every wiring diagram I find the wire colors don't match up. I have the harness off of the truck and the taillight wire colors i have are - white - green - black - brown. if it helps they were the taillights with circuit boards. I am reasonably sure the green wire is backup lights but that could be wrong. The new lights have four wires going to them so any help with what color does what would be greatly appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

bwn should be parking
    green should be right turn
    white...yellow??? should be left turn
    blk gnd
    what you could do is turn on parking,,,ck for pwr at the wires
    left blinker, right blinker etc and ck for pwr at the wires

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

diesel has the right idea thats normally what i do cause there ar so many wiring diagrams out there, he has the colors right i just did it on my buddys truck but for a trailer harness.

4. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Thanks guys sorry it took so long to post back. Getting it all wired up today so we will see how I do.