1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

91 3/4 ton wont stay running

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mercmn91, Dec 18, 2008.

1. mercmn91

mercmn91 Junior Member

I also posted this in the res plow forum. I have a 91 chev 3/4 ton with 350. I only use this truck for plowing and work around the house. I used it in June to push a small amount of dirt with the plow. It ran fine then. I went to start it a few weeks ago and the battery was dead. I replaced the battery(wouldn't hold a charge) and went to start the truck. It ran for about 20 seconds and then died and would not start right away again. After letting it sit for a while I started it again and it did the same thing. The fuel pump is good and new fuel filter was installed. I have it in the shop now, but they said it is electrical and when hooked up, the scan can't read anything. Any ideas??? I don't want to have to put a ton of money into it but more snow is coming. please help.

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Something to try check your fuel cap breather if you create a vacuum in the tank it could stall out the trk...
    Just a simple thought to try...