1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

90's F-SUPERDUTY series?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Fordistough, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Hi, I have been curious as to whether the late ninetys' Ford F-SUPERDUTY (equivilent to a F-450) ever came with the option of 4X4? I have never seen one, but so many people use it for plowing regardless, with tire chains. Please get back to me, not buying, just curious.

-Thann

2. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

I belive that they did not come with four wheel drive up to 95/96, only the trucks that said f-superduty. However not to say that the truck wasen't converted to 4x4 , like my fd's brush truck.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Bigcraftydog on here has a 4x4 F-450. Its a very rare aftermarket option. He stumbled across his.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It was available as a Factory Option but was done but a private contractor and was warrantied and serviced by Ford. Essentially it was just a copy of the F350 solid front end just with 10 lugs and bigger brakes, but all the steering, transfer case etc was the same.

There were also other companies that did the conversion and it really still could be done using the same coponenents.

5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

The most common way to see it is sent out before the dealer gets it, kind of like the centurion conversions on Vans, broncos, pickups.

My old shop truck was one, it was a PITA to get the right steering parts for.