1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$9000 worth of snow tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Landcare - Mont, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

At least for that price, you get all four.

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

Going to have to push a lot of snow to pay for those bad boys!
  3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They are worth every penny. We would not run a loader without them any more.Thumbs Up

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

They really do work well! Major difference from the standard tires especially on the smaller lighter loaders.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Half price in the States!
  6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

9k. Ouch. Bigger equipment, bigger expenses.
  7. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Whats the name for those tires? They look like they would really hook up.
  8. Landcare - Mont

That 644E is the last of the 7 loaders and 4 tractors to get its new shoes.
  9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey Grandview I like the half price, do you know where I could find those tires in the states? :)
  10. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Wow I could never make any money if I had to spend $9,000 on tires I can't even imagine that I stick to my trucks and skidloaders! But I guess you gotta pay to play!
  11. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

what just the mounting cost for one of those tires? gotta have a pretty serious machine to dismount/mount those...

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Are those 20.5 x 25 . I would be interested in 4 tires for $ 5,000.00tymusic :D :drinkup:
  13. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I bet.

Takes money to make money.

I will more than likely be getting some for the front of my 'bota when the OEM tyres are worn out, just like Paul has in the one video of difficult drives.
  14. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

How well do they last? I need new tires for one of our loaders.. $9k seems cheap. Radials are usually around that price.. I would think these would be more.
  15. serafii

serafii Senior Member

landcare, im from the montreal area also. where did you get the tires? im looking for a set for my tractor
  16. Landcare - Mont

They're Chinese - say HILO on the sides. New radials, not recaps.

We bought them from Centre de Pneus D.D. in Terrebonne, Québec - (450) 477-6444. They say they don't sell too many Michelins or Nokians since they're twice the price of these ones.

Have no idea how long they'll last - let you know in a couple of years. Obviously, our machines are used only on snow.

The installation was included in the price. The only big piece of equipment the two guys used was the Hiab to get them off their truck. You don't use a "tire-mounting machine" on these ones. There's a retaining ring on the rim which you have to drive off and then the tire "just slides right off", depending on how many years it's been on there. :laughing:
  17. Landcare - Mont

Like Neige says, let us know where to get them at half this price. I'm sure your supplier would love the extra business. Does he install on machines in Canada?
  18. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Should have waited till next season. Everyone's done for the year :)
  19. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't pay attention to GV, he's full of it as usual.
  20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to ask if you need to take them off for the summer