1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9000 edge help....

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pmac2002, Mar 11, 2008.

1. pmac2002

pmac2002 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Hello I am new to lightbars so I have a couple questions for you guys......I have the model 9438 whelen edge. I have 2 questions...

1. can the power supply (eb-6) run leds? and how do you find out how many leds can be run?

Also I have a 2003 dodge durango...what is the best way to run the wire into the cab?

by the way this bar has 2 eb-6 power supplys and 8 strobes.

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well first off NO you cannot run leds off of an eb6 strobe pack ... only LED ballast(s) ...

most installers use the (B) pillar to route the cables .. and they usually drill through the roof .... where do you plan on installing the bar ?? you gonna have to tap sheet metal screws behind the weather stripping for roof mount ...
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Strobe supplies can only run strobes. Whelen makes mounting straps for your model so you don't have to drill in the roof to mount if you dont want to. MKEZ52 is the edge kit number.
  4. pmac2002

pmac2002 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

thanks guys for the help....I was told to run the cable down the a post and then thru the firewall

thanks for the help!