1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

90 k2500 trans question?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by red07gsxr, Dec 27, 2007.

1. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i have a 90 k2500 with a 700r4 trans. the tranny is starting to slip between 2 and 3rd. i am going to try to nurse it though the winter months and change the trans in the spring. anyone have any suggestion where to get a new trans. i am looking for something heavier duty and that will last a long time with the abuse of plowing. i have found some on ebay for 1000 dollars shipped to me. if anyone has any links to any good trans site i would appricate it.
  2. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

Try changing fluid and filter and add some Lucas tranny treatment. My mechanic said to use a good name brand fluid,he said stay away from house brands.I did it to mine and still using it. Good luck!
  3. doh

doh Senior Member

We used to have trouble with 700R4's after changing the fluid and filter, and used to install an outside filter instead, I can't remember the name but it was black.

Gunk TransMedic actually works well, but not forever but it will help till spring.